Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world. We always using WhatsApp to communicate with people and show our daily life special moments. Because of its lightweight feature, it's getting popularity.
Whatsapp is one of the popular application which is used by all age group people and making their lives easy. But the problem is messages are eating our smartphones precious space, here I am talking about Media files which we are getting from Whatsapp. We are getting regular good morning and good night messages from our relatives and friends.
So this is the problem people are facing these days.
Solution Of This Huge Problem
So here are some good solutions by taking that you can use to prevent Whatsapp from eating your phone's storage space:
1. Open Whatsapp on your Android Phone.
2. Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the top.
3. Now tap on settings option.
4. In the Settings menu, select Chats option.
5. Now toggle the media visibility option.
This will prevent the media files that you receive within your app from getting saved in your phone's gallery automatically.
But if you don't want to turn off this feature for all your contacts you can choose for a specific one.
1. Open the chat window of the individual or group you want to modify.
2. Tap on the contact.
3. Go to Media Visibility option.
4. Whatsapp will now ask you if you want the newly downloaded media from the particular chat to save in your phone's gallery.
5. Tap on No, and you are good to go!
FinalSolution for iPhone User
If you are an iPhone user, you need to follow below steps to implement this solution in your phone:
1. Open Whatsapp.
2. Tap on the settings option.
3. Now tap on data and storage usage option.
4. Once you do this you will see detailed settings using which you can decide the type of media file you want to allow to be downloaded on your smartphone.
5. You can choose the files not to be downloaded on your iPhone at all or you can restrict the downloading to happen only when your iPhone is connected to a Wi-fi network.