First of all people, Happy Republic Day to all Indians (:
1. Currently every year organisation of the parade on 26th Jan is done at Rajpath in New Delhi but from 1950 to 1954 the parade was helped at Irwin Stadium, Kingsway, Red fort, Ramleela Maidan respectively.
2. The participants who are participating in parade get information about their participation in advance before a year and after the practice of 600 hours, they do a real performance at Rajpath before Honorable President of India.
3. The army personnel who participates in parade needs to go through 4 levels of investigation before participation and process in which they need to make sure their arms should not be loaded with real bullets.
4. "Abide with me" is played every year at the Republic day parade event because it was the favourite song of Mahatma Gandhi.
5. As we know the whole event of Republic day is awesome but most fascinating part of the event is "flypast". The responsibility of "flypast" is taken by Western Airforce Command, which involves 41 aircraft.