Prince Harry: I left to escape the "toxic" press

Prince Harry: I left to escape the "toxic" press

British Prince Harry announced that he had resigned from his duties in the royal family because the "toxic" British press was destroying his sanity. He added that he had not given up public service.

Last week, Buckingham Palace announced that Queen Elizabeth's grandson and his American wife Meghan had finally separated from the royal family and would not resume their duties as members. Honorary military appointments and royal patronage held by the Duke and Duchess will be returned to the Queen and then distributed to the working members of the Royal Family.

36-year-old Harry and 39-year-old Meghan shocked the monarchy in January 2020 with the announcement that they would withdraw from their duties in the royal family and start living on the other side of the Atlantic.

“I never left. I stepped aside more than quit. The circumstances were very difficult, which I think many people say, "Harry said on James Corden's" Late Late Show "in the US.

“We all know what the British press can be like. It was destroying my sanity and I found it toxic. So I did what any husband and father would do, I had to take my family from there, ”said the prince.

Before moving to California, Harry and his wife complained about the way British tabloids treated Meghan, whose father is white and mother is African American. In their opinion, some texts could qualify as intimidation or racism.

Earlier in February, Meghan won a privacy lawsuit against the publisher of the "Mail on Sunday" tabloid over the publication by the newspaper of extensive excerpts from her private letter to her father. Harry won a lawsuit against the same newspaper for a text claiming that the prince had turned his back on the army. (PAP)